Going Nuts Over Christmas! Recovery Strategy For You.
I don’t know about you, but I did consume a lot over Christmas! No surprises there really!
I also played rugby…….that was great fun, but also reminded me of those sunday mornings when getting out of bed was tough…..in fairness the feeling lasted more like 3 days!
How I want to help you……
I actually started to get a bit of soar throat …I nipped that in the bud with a ninja trick……later on that one though!
People feeling ill, families sick over Christmas seemed to pop up all over my news feed where all the “real friends” hang out……..
Whilst there is a lot of food about, there is actually a lot of good food as well…..
I wanted to share with you a few tips on how to get your nutrition back on track…..but actually to start feeling “full of it” again…….
So to keep it simple……
- Address breakfast again……. Back to basics……move away from cereal if you want to healthier. Sugar is a major cause of acidity…..bacteria and viruses thrive in these conditions. Processed foods that contain high levels of sugar and bad fats are your livers worst nightmare.
- If you cant eat enough greens, drink them….green veggies are alkalising in their nature and combine these with berries and you have an antioxidant filled drink that tastes great aswell. I actually have a few recipes in my 7 DAY DETOX if you want it? I actually used alkalising salts over the Christmas period just before bed and ½ hour before breakfast on Boxing Day and the day after. I swear by these, in fact I have a client, who works in a hair salon, whilst the others were ill, this person remained healthy.
- Swap sugary foods for good fats (NUTS/SEEDS)…… flaxseed, almonds,brazil nuts and walnuts are my go to sources. Now be careful not to keep eating the rubbish aswell, as your liver needs to reduce its burden right now. This is why we are seeing a growing number of cases of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. The nuts/seeds above are good sources of omega 3, selenium, iron, zinc, magnesium and vitamin E. These are perfect at helping reduce the stress of the poor habits we slip into over the festive period. A lack of the alkaline minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium bicarbonate) is one of the main problems associated with illness……so re address the balance before you get ill!
- Don’t go “BALLS” out in January and then go back to old habits in February because the name of the month changed! Make small steps each day, and build on them. Make week one about removing as many stresses from your life as you can, not just nutritional. Week 2 about sorting your pre bed habits and sleep pattern out. Week 3 and 4 your exercise and nutrition programme. A bit like the winner of our November transformation programme has done. She actually got started with the 7 DAY DETOX and then I coached her beyond that and she is continuing her habit formation.
- Tell A Few People…….. Join A Few People……….Be accountable…. We have found this perhaps the biggest reason that our clients get better results than most…… we are kind but firm….you invest with us and we invest in you…… WE ONLY HAVE 2 SPACES LEFT on our JANUARY 7 DAY TRIAL…
It is APPLICATION ONLY though as I want to be sure that people are 100% committed at this time of year and doors close on WEDNESDAY evening. Please don’t be offended by this, I just don’t want anyone wasting their time.
There you have it 5 simple steps to get back on track, feel more energised, improve your skin and productivity quicker than most in the NEW YEAR.
P.s. That 7 Day Trial is just for our Launceston Blast Fitness Camp. There will be an online programme starting on January 8th for those that cant join us in person.