Pure and Simple Today:
3 Pancake Recipes and One Of The Best Video’s I Have Seen In A While.
Matt Loves Shrove!
• 2 cups rice flour
• gluten free baking powder 1 teaspoon
• 4 eggs well beaten
• 5 teaspoons (you’ll need to melt this)
• pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
• Milk (non dairy)- 1 ½ cups – I’d use rice milk, coconut milk, or almond milk.
1. Combine 2 cups flour mixture and 1 tsp.baking powder in large bowl and mix with wire whisk.
2. Beat 4 eggs in separate large bowl and add 5 tablespoons coconut oil (if you dont have this, use olive oil),1 tsp.vanilla and 1+1/2 cup milk substitute and mix well with whire whisk.
3. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix well with wire whisk.
4. Drop 1/4 cup measure of batter onto hot lightly greased griddle and cook till bubbles form,approx. 1+1/2 minute. Flip and continue cooking approx 1 to 1+1/2 minute more.
5. Keep warm on warmed plate in 200 degree F oven till all cooked.
6. Serve and enjoy.
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 1/2 cup rice flour
2 cups plain, organic, active-culture yogurt
Blend all ingredients until there are no lumps. Drop batter by spoon onto a lightly greased (butter) griddle until 1 side bubbles. Flip pancakes and bake until golden brown. Can be covered and chilled overnight. Top with fresh fruit and nuts.
Makes 30 to 40 pancakes. This is a pretty tasty treat. Another one that’s good with banana in there.
Blueberry Bad Boys
• 1 cup rice flour
• 2 tablespoons agave nectar
• 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt (I don’t always use this)
• 1 free range egg
• 1 cup rice/almond/coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• coconut oil for cooking
• big handful blueberries
1. Place rice flour, agave and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix to a smooth paste with the rice milk.
3. Add the egg, and mix thoroughly. Then add the teaspoon of oil (you’ll need to melt this first if using coconut oil), and stir in until all ingredients are combined.
4. Toss in some blueberries, then cook on a medium-hot temperature with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. I use a nonstick pan about 18 cms (10 inches) in diameter. For each pancake, I ladle in about half a cup of mixture. You don’t want to make these pancakes too big, as they are quite heavy, and can be hard to flip if they’re on the large side.
WANT TO MAKE SAVOURY PANCAKES?
My mates mum used to make us savoury pancakes when I was a kid, and they were lush. All you’ll do is make up a beef chilli or bolognese sauce (from scratch of course – so maybe 400g lean mince, tin organic chopped toms, some herbs and spices, peppers, onions etc). Whatever you don’t eat today have fore brekkie (there’s your protein in straight away).
Then make up your pancakes – I’d use the first recipe – then load them up with the sauce, wrap them up like a burrito, and get stuck in.
So that’s a couple of recipes that’ll allow you to nail some pancakes on Tuesday. You’ve got plenty of time to get the shopping in now, so plan, prepare and perform, and you’ll have a tasty Tuesday. I know I will!
Bon apetite x
Thats it folks have a great day, and let me know what you think of that video.